The overhaul and draught proofing system
We are specialists in all aspects of traditional sash and casement windows. With over 10 years experience we're a company that will provide an exceptional level of knowledge and workmanship. All overhauling works is guaranteed for five years.
Sash Carpentry's overhaul & draught proofing system solves all the common problems associated with sash and casement windows.
- Eliminates 98% of draughts and dust ingress
- Reduces outside noise pollution levels
- Ensures smooth operation of sashes
- Eliminates the rattles
- Reduced heating bills & improves energy efficiency.
Our overhaul & draught proofing system will not change the originality or the overall look of the window as the materials used can be machined like for like for a perfect match.
THE SYSTEM explained
- Fully protect and cover with plastic backed dust sheets the areas being worked
- Remove staff beads & parting beads, discard in a rubbish bag
- Cut the old sash chords and carefully remove top and bottom sashes and set aside from the frame
- Assess condition of sill, box frame and external pointing minor repairs carried out where necessary
- Remove excess build up of paint from frame and sashes
- Prime and undercoat the box frame
- Re-chord top and bottom chords, service and oil the pulley wheels
- Weigh sashes and Re-balance sash weights to ensure smooth operation of top and bottom sashes
- Realign meeting rail of top and bottom sashes
- Plane and rout groves to allow for the draught proof system
- Refit the sashes with the new integrated draught proofing system
- Prime all bare timber exposed and caulk beading leaving the window ready to decorate
- Fit new centre catch, sash lifts and restrictor locks in the preferred finish. Chrome, satin chrome and brass
What we repair